Monday, August 16, 2010

Last Day at the Office by Violet

So today is my last day at the office, and I have wrapped every project up and put away all my working files. I am not ready to leave the working world yet and get back to school. That’s one reason I’m glad I immediately started law school after I graduated from undergrad- because if I had any time off, I would never want to go back. So now after taking a year off of law school to get my MBA, and get 7 months of real world law firm experience- I must now go back to the institution that is Baylor Law. There will by crying and gnashing of teeth. But I’ve complained enough, and now im actually just sad to leave the office that I have been to almost every workday since February. I will miss all of the attorneys and the staff- both of whom I had great conversations and learned a lot. I will miss the daily lunches of course, but also the constant change of work and interesting cases. My stomach is actually in knots as I type because I don’t want to leave here. There is no stressful studying, only stress over real situations and real clients. I enjoyed helping people, although they were rather macabre situations for the other side: foreclosures, evictions, probate, bankruptcies. But at least now I know that I’m ready to be done with school, and that I know exactly what I want to do when I get out. Between now and then, I just have to pass Practice Court and the Bar- no biggie, right?

1 comment: