Friday, May 13, 2011

SENIOR YEAR.....again


This is Anabeth's senior year of high school She is sooooo excited...as am I! This is my third senior year -- if you don't count my own. Each of my children have celebrated the entire year of their last year of public school education as the true rock star that they are. Violet was our first; smart, talented, and eager to get her higher education started. Then came Ace. Our second child, first son, ready to get the party started in higher education. Each totally enjoyed their senior year of high school and wrung from each moment every memory and opportunity that they possibility could.

But I have to say that my favorite senior year to date (I still have a 16 year old son at home)has to be Anabeth's Senior Year. I think this year benefits from NOT being my first and frankly, by just belonging to Anabeth. She is my third child, a classic middle child. She is content is so many areas of her life. Which makes her a delight to be around! And every event, party or reception honoring Anabeth is met with joy and is embraced as the celebratory occasion that it is meant to be. Gotta love that! No drama, no tears (happy or sad). Only confidence that she truly is as great as everyone says she is and don't try to tell her differently! Because you would lose that fight.

Amidst all of the parties and receptions that this Senior Year has brought is an incomplete softball season. Our Lady Pirates are currently in the middle of a three game series for Regional semifinals. With equal aplomb Anabeth can pitch a no hitter in softball and be presented in a beautiful ball gown in an historical pageant. With out missing a beat she can go to a party with her friends or conduct a meeting as chairman of Waco Youth Council. I could not be more proud of her!

I will miss her living in my house next fall as she journeys 20 miles east to Baylor University to begin her career in higher education. But I know that she will make it a better place just as she has made our home a better place the past 18 years. I love her. As does everyone that knows her.

Go with God sweet Anabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment