Thursday, May 3, 2012

Newlywed Movers and Shakers- by Violet

I GOT MARRIED!!!! Yes- I cannot believe it still! But there are pictures to prove it. See--
Anyway- I am convinced I need to start blogging again- Yes, after a year hiatus from spreading my words on the internet. So I've changed my blog layout, updated what has changed (insert husband and new life in Pennsylvania) and have decided to just start typing. The wedding was incredibly- so many loved ones to help and so many hands willing to help make my day absolutely perfect. I think that touched me more than anything, the people who worked to make my day picture perfect. Everything from the beautiful brooch bouquet that my fairy godmother, Carolyn, made for me, to the handmade garter that my Aunt Cindee made for me. Every piece that I wore and every moment that was planned culminated into the perfect wedding. And not just the perfect wedding, but the perfect party! And that is exactly what I wanted to happen- I wanted all of my loved ones to be blissfully happy, as I was, and dance the night away- with full stomachs and plentiful libations. I think my absolute favorite moment of the wedding was the vows, and second was seeing my entire family, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles- all on the dance floor. Now it's already been almost three weeks since the wedding day, but I've had a lot to do before I could sit down and narrate the happenings. I absolutely HAD to get away to COSTA RICA, with my fabulous husband, Jonathan Silko.
Although it was hotter than Texas, he sweated through the week of paradise with his new bride because he knew I wanted to be on a beach! It was so great after a year of long distance (phone relationship) to get to spend time just talking to Jonathan, and BOY did I talk. We loved the resort we stayed at (Playa Conchal- Westin) and we loved the relaxation- but we definitely loved getting to finally spend more than just a weekend hanging out with each other- and starting to work on our day-to-day relationship.
And after our families gathered again in Dallas to see us off (with BBQ OF COURSE - we are all Texan), we drove my VERY FULL car to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to start our new lives together. I love the trip- mostly because Jonathan drove the whole way. I got to be a passenger of life and play DJ the whole way. I sang, I played drum on the dashboard, but (probably to Jonathan's dismay) I never slept! I was too excited! I wanted to be at my new HOME!!! Then, when we finally drove up to the apartment building in which we reside, we collapsed on the couch and watched two hours of HBO GO (best thing ever). We were invited over to Jonathan's aunt and uncle's house for a nice welcome home Italian meal (everyone is Italian up here). I loved the sense of family that we immediately came home to, and I love how similar our families are. That must be why he struck me as such a well rounded man- because our families have shaped us and molded us into incredible interesting people (if I don't say so myself). So for the past week and a half I've been unpacking a hoarders amount of clothes that I have accumulated and trying to turn this bachelor pad into a home. But next week I start work, and I think I'm about settled in. I will start working as a criminal defense lawyer for Allegheny county and will continue to do what my Uncle has spent the past year Mentoring me in. I'm ready to hit the ground running and start becoming a fabulously successful LADY LAWYER wife. I've always been ambitious, and now that the house is somewhat in order- I cannot imagine not going to work immediately and these last couple days are going to kill me. That's one very important thing about my husband, he calms me down and TRIES to teach me how to relax. Sweet Jonathan, he just doesn't get why I can get so WOUND UP! Doesn't he know who my mother is???!! Although she would promptly say that she doesn't know where I come from- because I work myself up into a complete tizzy. Well good news- since the honeymoon I've been super relaxed! See the only cure is COSTA RICA, or some other beautiful beach location- EASY PEASY. Well I hope to be more regular about writing but hopefully my mom will start back again and let me know how everything is going in BEAR COUNTRY. Until then! ADIOS!! -Violet, Baby Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment